Sunday, June 26, 2011

Guggenheim Summer

As my Spring Semester came to an end, I found it surprisingly more difficult to maintain other aspects of my life - well, the social media side of life. Everything was put on hold while my academics took top priority for me until the end of May. Immediately after I started my summer internship at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum for the Development department. Although I am already trained on doing many of the things I have had to do for my assignment, I have had exposure to Raiser's Edge software and now am a confident user. Additionally - I am so impressed with how nice everyone I've had to work with are. My supervisors are very down to earth and my fellow interns are really nice as well. I admit that I was really intimidated at first - not because of the work, but fearful that there would be a certain sense of pretentiousness in the air but I really haven't found that at all - quite the contrary! Everyone has been quick to help one another, and many of us have become friends and manage to make plans outside of the offices. Every friday is our cultural day where we go to exhibitions, museums, galleries. The people we are meeting at these places are so informative and always explain their career paths and previous experience. This summer is stressful - I have very little time to myself and am taking the GRE's next month, but I know I will be so grateful for this all in the future!

No comments: