Monday, March 14, 2011

Guggen Time

I am home in New York for this week for my college's spring break. It couldn't have been better timing! I just found out on Thursday that I will be a working full-time in the Development division of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum. Today we took the day off from work (real work and school work) and visited the museum. Who ever heard of a museum open on Mondays? Awesome, huh? I was excited to take advantage of the new exhibition, The Great Upheaval. We discovered, however, that Craig dislikes Kandinsky. I guess the Gugg is sort of the worst museum to go to if you don't like Kandinsky but I believe he had fun nonetheless. Some of my favorite highlights were many of the Delaunays, Braques, and Duchamps. I was probably most moved by Picasso's Woman Ironing. Witnessing this work is haunting and paralyzing. I can't believe I'll be there all summer! Yowzers!

No comments: